These rules contain black and white standards of conduct or organization that have no second chances or warnings. They are very clear and once you break any of these rules, you will be deleted and blocked from this site. The EBC will be the only ones that make the decisions and if anyone else notices any violations or has questions, they can contact any of us then please let us deal with it. We will give members the opportunity to contest our decision but once we have analyzed the incident, our decision will be final.
1. Do not post any material that is not your own, unless you have permission by originator which must be stated in your post or summary as an acknowledgement, credit given or source location.
2. No false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, rude, racial, discriminatory or derogatory comments, reviews, replies or PM's will be tolerated.
Members have to be over the age of 18 to belong to
this site, unless personally approved by the EBC.
- Additional rules –
These rules pertain to things that are directly linked to the way the site runs, images, postings and maintain a standard of presentation and keeping site organized.
1. No whining, bitching or whinging in a malicious way in reviews, posts or PM's.
2. We do not guaranty the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information presented. The posted messages and stories express the views of the author, and not necessarily the views of this community, its staff, its subsidiaries, or the EBC.
3. Anyone who feels that a posted message or story is objectionable is encouraged to notify the EBC or a moderator of this community immediately. The EBC reserve the right to remove any objectionable content. This is a manual process, however, please realize that they may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. This policy applies to member profile information as well.
4. If you would like to control a section or make changes, only the EBC should be contacted and we will pass it to the relevant team member unless otherwise organized. The EBC encourage new ideas and solutions at anytime.
5. When starting a new topic, make sure that the topic does not already exist. Name the topic appropriately and make sure that you post it in the right section of the forum.
6. Keep postings in the right sections, otherwise they will be moved.
7. Duplicate topics may be deleted.
8. Font needs to be normal size unless in celebration of or for something, as large font/capitals can be seen as aggressive.
Images & video:
9. Icon images can be no bigger than 100x100 pixels and file size should not exceed 100 kb’s. If you utilize the user images provided by this community offsite please credit pfodge.
10. Signature images need to be no bigger than 650x250 pixels and keep the font small.
11. Banner size cannot be bigger than 650x450 pixels.
12. All other images can be no bigger than the 650 pixels wide.
13. Video from YouTube, Vimeo and Google Video are automatically embedded when the url is entered into a forum post. No other embedding is allowed, but links to videos elsewhere is of course allowed.
14. Stories should be formatted properly, thus spaces between the paragraphs but not huge gaps.
Grammar rules should be followed in submissions.
If you have no beta, warn readers but we strongly suggest that you acquire one, if you need help locating one let us know.
16. All characters, settings and storylines must belong to the author besides those that are from the specific fandom the story occurs within. This means that plagiarism of other author’s stories is strictly forbidden and grounds for removal from both the archive and the community.
17. Use the categories and warnings for your stories; add all that apply so readers can best determine their interest in the story.
18. Use correct rating.
19. Include a summary for your story to better assist with story selection.
20. Banner size cannot be bigger than 650x450 pixels.
21. Any article submitted to the “improve” section requires that sources and links be entered in the story endnotes.
22. All stories will be evaluated by administration before being available on the archive to assure that these rules are followed.
23. Reviews should be answered eventually, unless members are not on the site anymore.
24. You have the ability, as you register, to choose your username. We advise that you keep the name appropriate.
25. We also HIGHLY recommend you use a complex and unique password for your account, to prevent account theft.
26. We strongly encourage you to fill out your profile. It is your responsibility to present clean and accurate information. Any information the EBC or staff determines to be inaccurate or vulgar in nature will be removed, with or without prior notice.
27. Introduce yourself to the other members and staff in the assigned section in the forum.
Please note that with each post in the forum, your IP address is recorded, in the event that you need to be banned from this forum or your ISP contacted. This will only happen in the event of a major violation of this agreement.
These rules are final, but they may be renegotiated at anytime!
These rules are in place to keep TQL safe, fun and creative for all, so behave and enjoy.
If you have any questions or issues please contact the EBC at firstname.lastname@example.org